A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
USB to Serial Tool
sp_BlogLink Read the original blog post
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
May 24, 2016
5:45 AM
HazAdmin
HazAdmin

Admin
Forum Posts: 67
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

** you don't have permission to see this link ** Sign-Up Here. Was blocked for some reason. thanks for bringing it up.

Let me know if it works out for you and if the tool is what you needed. I have not worked with it since I posted this, so a few years now. If it is helpful, maybe I'll pick up the development again.

May 24, 2016
2:02 AM
mgombos

Members
Forum Posts: 1

Hi HazAdmin,

I would like to use your software but there is no link to download it.

Can you please provide the link?

Thank you,
mgombos

July 10, 2014
8:47 PM
HazAdmin
HazAdmin

Admin
Forum Posts: 67

In looking around my PC, I came across this old USB to Serial GUI utility I developed years ago. I created this tool when I could not find one available for download, for free, which I can use to debug my projects which use a UART communication port. I wanted the GUI to display sent and received messages and data (duh!) but also clearly display the data in Hex, ASCII, Binary or Decimal.

It has a few features which would allow it to save data in case you want to plot later, auto detect the type of data you are sending, etc...

I don't have a user manual for it, but I figured I would post it and try to add a couple of How-To tips as I go along and have time. Feel free to contribute to it.

It is provided as is, so I make no guarantees. It did what I wanted it to do, and it is helpful for debugging. I tested it on WIN7 and WIN8.1 only.

I am open for comments and feedback. If you have inputs on how it can be made better, or you come across a bug, or simply you wanted to post your own "How-To" comments, go ahead.

Enjoy.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 66

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

See All Online Activity
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

graaja: 3086

danadak: 2052

Bob Marlowe: 1509

wrightpc: 736

ericb: 678

lovell: 665

eg2ah: 516

alager: 506

jiml: 440

baxsie: 420

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 12580

Moderators: 0

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 12

Forums: 41

Topics: 6136

Newest Members:

Wanda pef, Travisjaito, WilliamRutle, Cherylkes, brandievr2, SherryStice, Joesphsix, Richardacelf, VladimirEnham, AaleNug

Administrators: HazAdmin: 67