A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Real Time FFT Transform
I want to convert a signal which is in acceleration vs time domain to acceleration vs frequency domain through FFT and extract the amplitude of the 2nd harmonics.
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
June 17, 2017
6:48 AM
mrzee

Apprentice
Members
Forum Posts: 388
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I did write a small FFT program in assembler years ago for the PSoC, back in 2003 or so.
It however is long gone now. It's not something I'd recommend doing, particularly with the PSoC1 as I did.
With the newer cores you shouldn't need to write assembler. The FFT algorithm is the key, not so much if you use assembler or C.

Personally I would write a simple C based FFT program to test your code.
For me, I found Steve Smiths book, The scientist and engineers guide to DSP, a very good reference that has code samples in Basic and Fortran that can easily be converted to C.
While not super fast, they do work and they are quick, just not lightning quick. You can read the book for free online here: ** you don't have permission to see this link ** Sign-Up Here
Hope that helps.

April 14, 2017
10:41 AM
LulaNord

Members
Forum Posts: 1

I want to develop an algorithm/code (whatever you want to call it) that would allow me to do a Fast Fourier Transform in realtime. I have seen it done on youtube videos of people who used arduinos to developed spectrum analyzers for music however they all seem to use preexisting libraries which tend to be in assembly language, buggy, and are difficult to really understand.

This brings me to my question, is it possible to do FFT without using assembly code (at least directly)? Also, does anyone have any good reference material that would help me develop my own algorithm.

May 24, 2016
9:21 PM
Deepak_P_S
Deepak_P_S

Members
Forum Posts: 2

Since for a newbie like me this is a rocket science. This project is a major one for me as part of my life. I need to implement this conversion on the CY3209 development kit and less resources are available on this kit. And i had sampled come codes for FFT still I have some clarification on the Sampling rate, no. of points and the interfacing of the CY3209 with my PC. Also I need help with post designer. Im going through as much as PDF and documents as i could get through the forums and all. If anyone could assist me in this please help.
I had only done projects on Arduino but when I came to know close on PSoC it was way much cooler than arduino and its practical applications are endless. So I chose to go on with cypress. If someone could please guide me.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 66

Currently Online:
14 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

See All Online Activity
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

graaja: 3086

danadak: 2052

Bob Marlowe: 1509

wrightpc: 736

ericb: 678

lovell: 665

eg2ah: 516

alager: 506

jiml: 440

baxsie: 420

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 12542

Moderators: 0

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 12

Forums: 41

Topics: 6136

Newest Members:

IssacneomS, Kristinamup, chibang1001, Jamesbup, clarajk60, Gloriasooca, Orlandocoupt, burdiez, Jefferystoli, SergeyGaw

Administrators: HazAdmin: 67