A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
USB HID Compliant Device issues with Windows 10
Can't communicate with the CY8CKIT-050 PSoC5 Dev Kit using USB in Windows 10 - was OK in Windows 7
September 20, 2016
2:10 AM
porkydriver

Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

We have a project on a CY8CKIT-050 which communicates with a PC via USB. The PC application is based on the AN82072 PC Host Application developed in VS.NET 2013 in C# and it has been working fine for several months on a Windows 7 PC. We have recently purchased a new Windows 10 PC an have been trying to migrate the PC application across but hit some problems.

Eseentially, the CY8CKIT-050 isn't being recognised by the Host Application. Looking in Visual Studio, the issue is encounted when the following line of code executes in the PC application: -

USBDevices = new USBDeviceList (CyConst.DEVICES_HID);

This should return a list of "HID Compliant Device" devices in "USBDevices" but actually returns NULL resulting in an overflow exception - this works correctly on the original Windows 7 PC. Interestingly, the debug message actually says "Stopped at Exception: ToInt32" which may be a clue.

Initially I thought that the problem was that the wrong driver had been selsected by the OS - it had aytomatically loaded the "HID Compliant Vendor Defined Device" driver which I then switched to the correct "HID Compliant Device" but this made no difference. I then tried a later version of the CYUSB.dll in the VS project but this too made no difference.

I have now run out of ideas so wondered if anybody had anything that might help on this.

Many thanks

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 66

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

See All Online Activity
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

graaja: 3086

danadak: 2052

Bob Marlowe: 1509

wrightpc: 736

ericb: 678

lovell: 665

eg2ah: 516

alager: 506

jiml: 440

baxsie: 420

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 12542

Moderators: 0

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 12

Forums: 41

Topics: 6136

Newest Members:

IssacneomS, Kristinamup, chibang1001, Jamesbup, clarajk60, Gloriasooca, Orlandocoupt, burdiez, Jefferystoli, SergeyGaw

Administrators: HazAdmin: 67