Help with CYFISPI user module

Discussion of the PSoC Designer integrated development environment for PSoC1 devices.

Moderators: ericb, dcooper, jonp, dpfunston

Help with CYFISPI user module

Postby beza » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:34 pm

Hello,

I am having issues trying to getting my project which includes a CYFISPI user module to build correctly.

I have put together a simple project that consists of a seven segment display and some buttons. The aim is to change the channel of the CYFI and have it display on the seven seg display by using the buttons. I created the program using the system view, built that, and then entered chip level view to add the CYFISPI user module. I added the user module and connected the MISO, MOSI, SCLK, and SS(i think). When i build in the chip view i get:

lib/cyfispi_1_psoc_spim.asm
Macro 'CYFISPI_1_RADIO_SELECT' Line 6:
!EC:\Users\beza\Documents\PSoC Designer 5.0 Projects\SevenSegTest\SevenSegTest\SevenSegTest\lib\cyfispi_1_psoc_spim.asm(241): absolute expression expected
!EC:\Users\beza\Documents\PSoC Designer 5.0 Projects\SevenSegTest\SevenSegTest\SevenSegTest\lib\cyfispi_1_psoc_spim.asm(375): absolute expression expected
!EC:\Users\beza\Documents\PSoC Designer 5.0 Projects\SevenSegTest\SevenSegTest\SevenSegTest\lib\cyfispi_1_psoc_spim.asm(561): absolute expression expected
!EC:\Users\beza\Documents\PSoC Designer 5.0 Projects\SevenSegTest\SevenSegTest\SevenSegTest\lib\cyfispi_1_psoc_spim.asm(841): absolute expression expected

At this point i check out the library file cyfispi_1_psoc_spim.asm at the lines specified and find this:

CYFISPI_1_ReadRaw::
_CYFISPI_1_ReadRaw::
RAM_SETPAGE_CUR >CYFISPI_1_DriverRamPage

CYFISPI_1_RADIO_SELECT

MOV REG[CYFISPI_1_SPI_TX_REG], A ; Write SPI address
MOV A, REG[CYFISPI_1_SPI_RX_REG] ; Empty the SPI RX register

With CYFISPI_1_RADIO_SELECT being the line in question. The above block is in reference to line 241 in the library file.

Not sure how to fix this. Any ideas or links to documentation would be appreciated.

btw, because i have left chip view, PSoC designer won't let me modify anything in the chip level view until it can build the program with out any errors.

Thanks
beza

Re: Help with CYFISPI user module

Postby Albertini » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:58 am

I've got the same problem,
the macro is the following

Code: Select all
macro CYFISPI_RADIO_SELECT
        push    A
  IF (SYSTEM_LARGE_MEMORY_MODEL)
        REG_PRESERVE CUR_PP
        RAM_SETPAGE_CUR >Port_1_Data_SHADE
  ENDIF
        and     [Port_1_Data_SHADE], ~CYFISPI_nSS_Mask
        mov     A, [Port_1_Data_SHADE]
        mov     reg[CYFISPI_nSS_Addr], A
  IF (SYSTEM_LARGE_MEMORY_MODEL)
        REG_RESTORE CUR_PP
  ENDIF
        CYFISPI_DISABLE_IRQ_PIN
        pop     A
endm

please someone help me
thanks
Albertini

EDIT : I solved the problem removing and replacing the user module
Albertini

Postby phani450 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:20 pm

hi
i have got the same problem....
Even after removing and replacing also i am getting the same problem....
@Albertini
can u help me..plz....how u solved the problem...
thanks
phani450

Postby stschmit » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:37 am

I came across this same problem trying to program a PSoC device using the CYFISPI user module. My solution:

Make sure all of the I/O connections are made on the CYFISPI user module.

For my application, the PSoC device I was using was already mounted to a board with the SPI connections already routed on the board to an RF transceiver. For example, I was using PSoC device CY8C27443-24PVXI. Port2[7:0] was used as my SPI I/O pins. Traces on the board connected these pins to the SPI I/O pins of CyFi transceiver CYRF7936 (also mounted to the board). Therefore, the external connections from the PSoC device to the CyFi transceiver were already made for me. However, in PSoC Designer, I still had to route connections from my CYFISPI user module to Port2[7:0].

These connections can be made (in PSoC Designer) in the CYFISPI user module's Parameters window, or can be done using the GUI. I found the latter to be much easier because you can actually see which connections are possible for which Ports/Pins.
stschmit

Return to “%s” PSoC Designer (PSoC1 IDE)