script error

Discussion of the PSoC Designer integrated development environment for PSoC1 devices.

Moderators: ericb, dcooper, jonp, dpfunston

script error

Postby doreimon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:59 am

when i launch the psoc designer 5 and open an existing project of mine, the interconnect view is not initialized and script error message pops out. Open attached file. I tried to install and uninstall the software but still the error message comes out whenever i open a project or create new. I even uninstalled my antivirus software.
Attachments
Script error.jpg
doreimon
Cheese Cube
Cheese Cube

Re: script error

Postby bobmarlowe » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:36 am

Can you create a new project, save it and re-open it again or does that lead to an error as well?
And: Why do you use PSoC Designer 5.0 and not 5.2 ???
Bob
bobmarlowe
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Postby doreimon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:12 am

Yes same error occurs. I don't have any error in opening and creating project on my other laptop that uses psoc designer 5
doreimon
Cheese Cube
Cheese Cube

Postby bobmarlowe » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:37 am

The only scripts you can come across have to do with .NET, did you check (or update to latest) the installation?
If you cannot find the reason for that failure, I suggest you to create a case, then a cypress ingeneer will try to solve that.

Bob
bobmarlowe
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Postby orob » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:17 pm

When I had that error, I had to reinstall the .net (2.0 version I think) and then it worked fine. I never found out what messed it up.
orob
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Postby doreimon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:29 pm

thanks bob and orob. i actually had a case posted on the cypress website before i thought of posting here while waiting for their response. i guess i just have to wait a little bit more. thanks again guys.
doreimon
Cheese Cube
Cheese Cube

Postby bobmarlowe » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Well, I wouldn't be as patient to wait. I would try to re-install the latest .NET from MS to see if something changes.

I expressely state that this is my sole meaning and that funneling around with MS-(re-)installations may under murphyish conditions lead to the loss of valuable data! :mrgreen:

Bob
bobmarlowe
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Return to “%s” PSoC Designer (PSoC1 IDE)