CMX MFC Stopped working

Discussion of the PSoC Designer integrated development environment for PSoC1 devices.

Moderators: ericb, dcooper, jonp, dpfunston

CMX MFC Stopped working

Postby SequoiaCPE » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:59 pm

Went to Win7 Pro 64bit from WinXP Pro 32bit and downloaded Designer 5.0 SP6 which installed fine and Builds the Project located in the XP folder without a problem. On shutdown of Designer (but only if I Build a project) I get a " CMX MFC Stopped Working" message.

Details of failure are:
APPCRASH
OLEAUT32.dll ver6.1.7601.17676
offset 04971

This is the same version of Developer and the same project that was working correctly under XP. Only it is executing under Win7 probably as an emulator app.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Bruce
SequoiaCPE
Cheese Cube
Cheese Cube

Re: CMX MFC Stopped working

Postby bobmarlowe » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:03 pm

I would suggest at first glance that you install Designer 5.2. That is running without complains on several of my machines up to win7 64. Is there an absolute need for you to use an outdated Designer version? One of the reasons afaIk might be to keep the HighTech-C-Compiler. Cypress changed to ImageCraft which is a bit different and a bit (rather: BYTE) more code consuming.

Bob
bobmarlowe
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Postby SequoiaCPE » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Bob,

Hello again.

I am using Imagecraft.

Designer download took me to the 5.0, I will look for 5.2. Hope it is available as an update and not a large download.

Found oleaut32.dll is a MisterSoftee dll. There are numerous other dll's that link to it including C++ Runtime Library. Found a post that said to try a "sfc.exe /scannow" but it is happy with what it checked. Will also try a WinMerge compare between this dll if the versions are at least close.

Bruce
SequoiaCPE
Cheese Cube
Cheese Cube

Postby bobmarlowe » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:33 am

5.2 is a complete new version, co-existent with 5.0 both using ImageCraft C-compiler. Will take some time to download and install. Use download from Cypress's website under Support -> Software Downloads -> PSoC Designer.
When it turns out to be a windows-problem I would think about de-installing the older versions at first to get a clean machine.

Bob
bobmarlowe
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Postby SequoiaCPE » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:29 am

Bob,

Got previous post sent due to a finger check!

Windows download last night for a series of updates fixed the problem this morning.

Downloads included:
Visual Studio 2010 SP 1 plus 1 update
Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime Redistributable
A couple of .NET Framework updates
C++ Runtime Library update

oleaut32.dll is involved with all of the above (I think), no idea which cured the problem.

I will go to Designer 5.2 when I get the time. Right now it is working fine and my project does not need any further PSoC1 coding revisions. Am working on the PSoC3 portion of the project; PSoC3 chips are much better suited for my needs; if Creator supported RF I would switch completely to PSoC3.

Thanks,
Bruce
SequoiaCPE
Cheese Cube
Cheese Cube

Postby danadak » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:47 am

Just as a general thought updates include bug fixes, so you might
reconsider using an older release of Designer.

Regards, Dana.
Field Application Engineer
KB1RHB Mostly listen :)
Semi Retired
danadak
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Return to “%s” PSoC Designer (PSoC1 IDE)