Good traits of USB?

Discussion of the PSoC CY8C24x94 and other PSoC like USB parts from Cypress should be discussed here. This forum is limited to the discussion of USB portion of those parts. Other forums should still be used to discuss the non USB features of these parts.

Moderator: ericb

Good traits of USB?

Postby joshH112 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Lots of people said that trait of DAQ USB is easy to use and portable. Does this mean that there are no big differences between brands?
So the price may be the main concern?
I’m curious what should I be aware of when buying a USB?
What do you usually care about the DAQ USB when you are making decisions?
Which brand did you usually buy?
joshH112

Re: Good traits of USB?

Postby bobmarlowe » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:11 am

DAQ can be a easy - to - use device or something complicated or restricted. All is dependent of the software, the precision of sensors and aq lot of ozher factors.
The USB interface just connects the DAQ to a PC on which again some more or less sophisticated software runs.

PSoCs are no ready DAQ-systems, but you can program them to be one. There is an USP-connection within the chip, so the basics for a connection are there already.
But PSoCs are just chips, the whole surrounding electronic has to be built and provided by you, except when you are designing proof-of-concepts or prototypes. Then you could use a Development kit, preferrably a PSoC5 Kit -050, have a look at the specs here.

Bob
bobmarlowe
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Re: Good traits of USB?

Postby PH072 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:58 pm

I think the power, speedy, and if it can still maintain a great condition in difficult scenario will still be a slit different. There isn’t a specific brand that is especially great to use but suits you or not.
The USB I’m now using is ADVANTECH 4751. You can take it for reference: http://www.advantech.com/products/USB-Modules/sub_1-2MLKNO.aspx
PH072

Return to “%s” USB