How to bypass USB enumeration while debugging

Discussion of the PSoC CY8C24x94 and other PSoC like USB parts from Cypress should be discussed here. This forum is limited to the discussion of USB portion of those parts. Other forums should still be used to discuss the non USB features of these parts.

Moderator: ericb

How to bypass USB enumeration while debugging

Postby jcxz » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:05 am

Hi all,

i am very new to PSoC and embedded programming in general and I am trying to program a PSoC application
that communicates with PC through the USBUART component.

Where I am stuck right now is that I can't get beyond the enumeration loop when debugging my program.

Particularly this while loop:
Code: Select all
while (!USBUART_1_GetConfiguration());

Does anyone have any suggestions what could help me with this?

I have tried looking here http://www.psocdeveloper.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2001,
but I am not sure what the ICE and enCoRe II are, neither I think I have anything like that on my computer.

Thanks for any help.
jcxz

Re: How to bypass USB enumeration while debugging

Postby orob » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:57 am

I've worked with usbuart quite a bit. Could you tell us a bit more about your usbuart configuration? Posting a project is usually helpful, but just some of the settings in the usbuart user module would be a good start. Basically the system is hanging until the usb completes enumeration. If you don't want to do that and just run the system, then you need to comment out the usbuart start command to check the rest of your system. More information please... happy to help.
orob
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Re: How to bypass USB enumeration while debugging

Postby jcxz » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:24 am

Hi Orob,

thanks very much for your help. The USBUART configuration is basically the same as in the USBUART demo project,
which can be downloaded through PSoC Creator.

However, finally I managed to find the solution today.
The problem was probably with the second USB cable (or the USB port on computer),
which I was using for communication between PSoC and PC, after moving to another PC the problem disappeared.

Thanks again for all the help though.
jcxz

Return to “%s” USB