Plot data from USB

Discussion of the PSoC CY8C24x94 and other PSoC like USB parts from Cypress should be discussed here. This forum is limited to the discussion of USB portion of those parts. Other forums should still be used to discuss the non USB features of these parts.

Moderator: ericb

Plot data from USB

Postby LordAPJ » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:42 am

Hello there. I'm a newbie in the forum, and I have a simple question (but with a hard solution, I think).

In a project with PSoC3, I'm sending data from the SRAM (a variable in the code), through USB to PC. I can see the data with Cypress Suite USB, and I check it's correct with the LCD. Now, the problem is that I need to see the data like in an oscilloscope (it can be any signal: sine, triangle, etc.). I just need to plot the data that I can read with "Cypress Suite USB".

So, my question is: Is there a fast way for this?? I suposse I can make a program, but it could be very long (I have never program a GUI, just with Matlab), I need something faster. I thought about Matlab, it could be very interesting, but I have been reading about this and I think it's not possible to read data directly from an USB.

Thanks for the help :) :)
LordAPJ

Re: Plot data from USB

Postby LordAPJ » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:57 am

Finally I found a good & easy solution: to make the USB work as a COM port. Serial communication is very simple with Matlab :D :D
LordAPJ

Return to “%s” USB