Freelance PSoC Consultant

Have a PSoC related product or development tool that you want to buy sell or even trade? Post your item to this forum and if you like us the Private Message (PM) feature of the forums to communicate anonymously until your deal is made.

Moderator: ericb

Freelance PSoC Consultant

Postby ash26 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:37 am

Hi,

I am looking for a freelance PSoC guru who can develop software for counter application with CyFi.

Requirement:
Need 2 counters.
Counter 1 counts the pulses coming on a GPIO. (pulse frequency - Upto 200 KHz)
Counter 2 increments by one when counter 1 reaches a threshold value (say 5000). (For example 5000 pulses counted on counter correspond to 1 count on counter 2)
Every counter 2 increment needs to signal a GPIO output (e.g. to drive a LED or relay)
Counter 2 value need to be communicated to hub using CyFi.
Threshold value needs to be configured from CyFi hub

PSoC: CY8C27443, CYRF7936 (Cypress)

Nice to have requirement:
Send counter 1 value to CyFi hub

PS: Please pardon if this forum is not meant for freelance job.

Thanks,
-Ash
ash26

Re: Freelance PSoC Consultant

Postby vikky » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:55 pm

Hi,

Actually this is not the right place to post your query. You should have placed it in the general section under the PSoC 8-bit MCU (the first section appearing in the forum).

Regarding to your design, i have worked on communication between the node and a hub using CYFI for the remote controlled product. Even you can design the same thing at your end also. If you need the any help people are here to readily help you.

For achieving your design here what i can suggest you:
1. Try to build the communication between the Hub and Node through CYFI. The examples given on the site are very much helpful for this. Also study the data sheet of the CYFI block, their is also a example posted.

2. After that, work on the counter part (need not you do it through wireless). Just on one PSoC take two counter of the required bit. Apply the input clock of the counter 1 with the line of the GPIO where your actual pulses will come. This will make your Counter 1 to be incremented everytime your clk pulse arrives. Now specify the terminal count the counter1. This should be the maximum value which you want that the Counter1 should count before changing the value of Counter2.

For changing the Counter 2 value use the interrupt service provided. You should keep Counter1 at "Interrupt on Terminal Count". Once you get into the ISR of the Counter1 you can do anything you want i.e., you can change the value of the Counter 2 / you can make the LED ON and OFF / Make the GPIO high or low / Start the counter1 again / Stop the counter1 / Send and receive the data wirelessly etc.

(Personally i would suggest you that instead of taking Counter2 as a Digital Basic Block you should go for a variable type counter (like int i;). Now your only job here left would be increment the value on the terminal count of Counter1. In the earlier case where you use 2 counters there you have apply the pulse on the clk input of counter2 to increment it.)

Once the primary section gets completed you in incorporate them into one design.

Regards
Vikas Saraswat
vikky
Cheese Wheel
Cheese Wheel

Postby Mr_E » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:34 am

vikky:

I have to disagree. This is the right place to post if he wants to hire a consultant. If he wants some advice on doing the project himself, then the General forum is a better place.

ash26:

As vikky pointed out, the counter portion is very easy. Unfortunately I have no experience with CyFi.

-Mr_E
Mr_E
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Postby ash26 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:35 pm

I tried implementing the counter as described. That is, connected the input from sensor (coming on a GPIO) directly to clock a 16 bit counter. The maximum input frequency is 160kHz. Input voltage is 3.3V. I periodically read the counter value using Counter16_wReadCounter and send it to CyFi hub.

Problem: I am not able to count all pulses. Some of the pulses are lost. The value read from counter is less than expected. In glbal resources, I have configured SysClk Source to Internal 24MHz and the Clocksync used for Counter16 is SysClk*2

What is going wrong? (I am a newbie)

I modified the CyFi temperature sensor program to read & send the counter value at periodic interval and that seems to work fine.

PS: I have left the message on this section of forum due to prior context.

Thanks,
-ash
ash26

Postby vikky » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:43 pm

Can you explain in details what actually you want to do for your system and for what purpose you have used the counter in your design?
vikky
Cheese Wheel
Cheese Wheel

Postby Jackswilliam01 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:18 am

We have hundreds of thousands of professional freelancers ready to bid on your outsourced projects.
Jackswilliam01

Postby bobmarlowe » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:40 am

Your offer obviously came a bit late, Ash's query was nearly 4 years ago :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bob
bobmarlowe
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Postby Jackswilliam01 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:07 am

ash26 wrote:Hi,

I am looking for a freelance PSoC guru who can develop software for counter application with CyFi.

Requirement:
Need 2 counters.
Counter 1 counts the pulses coming on a GPIO. (pulse frequency - Upto 200 KHz)
Counter 2 increments by one when counter 1 reaches a threshold value (say 5000). (For example 5000 pulses counted on counter correspond to 1 count on counter 2)
Every counter 2 increment needs to signal a GPIO output (e.g. to drive a LED or relay)
Counter 2 value need to be communicated to hub using CyFi.
Threshold value needs to be configured from CyFi hub

PSoC: CY8C27443, CYRF7936 (Cypress)

Nice to have requirement:
Send counter 1 value to CyFi hub

PS: Please pardon if this forum is not meant for freelance job.

Thanks,
-Ash

Thanks for the info. :)
Freelance Jobs Online
Jackswilliam01

Return to “%s” PSoC Marketplace