PCB CAD for slider

Trackpads, buttons, sliders, or touch screens PSoC can do them all. This is the forum for CapSense.

Moderator: TedTsui

PCB CAD for slider

Postby LGR » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:42 am

Does anyone have Eagle device files for the M-shaped pads used to make a slider? And also, for the complete line of PSoC chips? There are some PSoC chips on the Cadsoft site, but they're pretty old.
LGR
Bite-Size Cheese
Bite-Size Cheese

Postby ravo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:46 am

I am not familiar with Eagle - I am using Mentor PCB ( formerly PADS).
The Cypress PSoC microcontrollers library you can download directly from CADSOFT homepage - under DOWNLOAD section. Here is an direct link:

http://www.cadsoft.de/cgi-bin/download. ... /libraries

ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/eagle/userfiles/li ... smicro.lbr
ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/eagle/userfiles/li ... smicro.zip

Regards

Radim
ravo
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Postby dielectric » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:48 pm

I'm making one as time permits, and there are a couple of slider elements in there. They are both 1/2" wide elements, but the "pins" are on different sides of the elements.

Let me know if you have trouble with this library, I'd like to release it for general consumption. Not every part is in there yet, but I have the bulk of the 21K family, I think I've got 24/27K covered, and part of the 29K. It's tedious work, but it makes a long flight go faster.
Attachments
PSoC.zip
PSoC Library for Eagle
(32.85 KiB) Downloaded 1193 times
dielectric
Cheese Wheel
Cheese Wheel

Postby LGR » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:52 am

Sorry for taking so long to reply; got side tracked. It opens just fine. For my application, they're both a little on the large side. If I may ask a dumb question, I don't see how to create filled geometries like that, and I don't see how to adjust the size of these pads. I'm using the free version of Eagle. Is that why I can't do this?
LGR
Bite-Size Cheese
Bite-Size Cheese

Postby LGR » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:57 am

One other comment on the library: The MLF32 package (like every other one I've seen) fails the DRC for 8 mils. The pads are too wide, and thus too close together. Have you seen one that works, and/or just like with the Capsense pads, is there a way to adjust the pad width? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
LGR
Bite-Size Cheese
Bite-Size Cheese

Postby dielectric » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:55 am

Yes, it does fail the DRC. I ignore it, though. I've built several runs of boards without an issue. You can adjust the pad geometry in the library editor if you want to get it "right" by the DRC. I actually stole the package from another device, a TI part I think. It looked dead on dimensionally.

The capsense elements were created by drawing on the pad layer within the library editor. You can draw whatever basic shape you want and move it to the pads layer, then put an SMD pad in there where ever it makes sense. For the round buttons, I use the SMD pad, put in a big square dimension and set it to 100% roundness. You could get a rounded rectangle, too, which would be a pretty good sensor. You could probably just draw on the top or bottom copper layer and put a via to your trace, but IIRC the DRC/ERC in Eagle throws a fit.
dielectric
Cheese Wheel
Cheese Wheel

Postby LGR » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:35 pm

Ok, that seems to work. Cypress recommends a via inside of the pad, and Eagle thinks I'm robbing a bank. I'm beginning to think that no matter what I do, these pads are just unconventional enough to where Eagle is never going to like it.

I put tRestrict around the pads to keep the fill out (again per the Cypress AN), but it's not obvious that that's what's actually what's going to happen, if I get the board built. Am I missing a more obvious way to keep the ground fill from touching the pads?
LGR
Bite-Size Cheese
Bite-Size Cheese

Postby dielectric » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:12 pm

I'm not sure, isolate with the polygon tool doesn't work as I'd expect. You might try the Eagle newsgroup for help. Fire up Viewmate or something to inspect the Gerbers after you create them to double-check that your sensors are isolated.
dielectric
Cheese Wheel
Cheese Wheel

Re: PCB CAD for slider

Postby hildara » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:43 pm

Where can I find a REAL guide to AutoCAD products for civil engineers? I am wanting to find a guide/book that covers AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008 and AutoCAD Map 3D 2008 for civil engineers targeted at a beginner who knows a few basics about AutoCAD. Mainly, I'm wanting to access the additional features of these products. Any suggestions?
Last edited by hildara on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hildara

Postby nan358 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:20 am

One suggestion: Try asking in other site than here. You won't find any information about AutoCAD here.

--
Nobu
nan358
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Postby kourtney » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:30 pm

How can I plot multiple layout tab cad dwgs in a single pdf file with multiple pages? I am trying to plot cad dwg in pdf format My drawing is compose of 20 layout tab pages which I intend to plot in a single pdf file with multiple pages, how can I do this? Can I use publish...but how?
kourtney

Postby marryanne » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:49 pm

I think its enough for PCB drill and router uses for z-axle travel.
Put the drawer sliders beside the table bed. One of each side. .
can take the eagle format, not like the other PCB CAD like protel, orcad..
marryanne

Postby MikeyTumball » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:19 am

I know what you mean about the files being a little on the large side. Is there any way to condense them to make them smaller?

p90x | magic of making up
MikeyTumball

Postby eleesha » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:53 am

Can I import a CAD file into QFLR5 (Xfoil) ? I am using XFLR5, built on Xfoil for Windows 32-bit, to perform an aerodynamic analysis on an airplane design. However, I find the built-in CAD module to be extremely lacking, especially for the fuselage. Is there a way I could import a finished CAD file into XFLR5?
eleesha

Postby slandrum » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:56 am

This last question is not relevant to the thread it's posted in. It has nothing to do with PSoC at all. I'm guessing that you just googled for CAD, and found a random place to post your question.

This question would be better asked in an actual CAD forum, or a forum on XFoil.
slandrum
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Postby moxbox » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:06 am

I released an Eagle PSOC library here :

http://www.westmarkco.com/engineering/e ... s/cypress/

I will be adding some Capsense elements to it over the next month.
Check back for an update version.

regards,
Tom
If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?
-- Albert Einstein
moxbox
Cheese Cube
Cheese Cube

Postby randy112 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:21 am

moxbox wrote:I released an Eagle PSOC library here :

http://www.westmarkco.com/engineering/e ... s/cypress/

I will be adding some Capsense elements to it over the next month.
Check back for an update version.

regards,
Tom

Definitely constructive for me, I’ll be watching attentively, look forward to future updates.
randy112

Postby moxbox » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:33 am

Randy,

FYI, there is more available from the new PatternAgents Github repo at :
https://github.com/PatternAgents/PCB_Libraries

This includes the new PSoC4 and other new devices.

cheers,
Tom Moxon
http://www.patternagents.com
If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?
-- Albert Einstein
moxbox
Cheese Cube
Cheese Cube

Return to “%s” CapSense