TRM on SROM functions

This forum is for the reporting and discussion of the PSoC documentation from Cypress (data sheet, TRM, user guide, etc).

Moderator: fsu

TRM on SROM functions

Postby IceCube » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:22 pm

Hi,

Unfortunate the TRM lacks on specified information regarding SROM parameters.

On page 79 of TRM 2.10, the Erase and Write Delay parameter calculation equation is given, but there is no info about how to round these values.

Regards, Rolf :D
IceCube
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Re: TRM on SROM functions

Postby fsu » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:09 am

IceCube wrote:Hi,
Unfortunate the TRM lacks on specified information regarding SROM parameters.

On page 79 of TRM 2.10, the Erase and Write Delay parameter calculation equation is given, but there is no info about how to round these values.

Rolf,
I'm not too sure what you want to do. Let me know more details about what you are trying to do and I can find someone here that can give you specific information.

If you want to email me directly, my Cypress initials are FSU and email addresses are initials@cypress.com.
fsu

Postby IceCube » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:22 pm

Hi fsu,

Sorry for my late reply.

I have written a bootloader for PSoC. The bootloader uses the SROM functions for programming the Flash.

To program the Flash the EraseBlock and WriteBlock functions should be used. To correctly program the Flash, the right parameters have to be passed to the SROM parameter block. To determine the right parameters, some equations are used.

These equations are on page 79 and 80 of the PSoC TRM V2.20: Equation 1 (DELAY), Equation 3 (CLOCK_E) and Equation 5 (CLOCK_W).

Now for the DELAY equation the TRM says: The nummerical result of this equation should be rounded to the nearest whole number.

But it is unclear if the CLOCK equations should be rounded this way also or if they should be rounded up or down...

Regards, Rolf
IceCube
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Return to “%s” PSoC Documentation Feedback