wireless usb

This forum is for the reporting and discussion of the PSoC documentation from Cypress (data sheet, TRM, user guide, etc).

Moderator: fsu

wireless usb

Postby mayersgm on Tue May 19, 2009 12:17 pm

I am using the CY3271 first touch starter kit. I want to develop a Labview vi for reading from and writing to the USB Hub that will enable me talk to the network nodes.
Where can I find the commands or protocol for reading and writing to the wireless USB hub. In addition, are they any .dll files that contain these command functions.

gmm
mayersgm

Re: wireless usb

Postby stoune on Wed May 20, 2009 3:54 am

mayersgm wrote:I am using the CY3271 first touch starter kit. I want to develop a Labview vi for reading from and writing to the USB Hub that will enable me talk to the network nodes.
Where can I find the commands or protocol for reading and writing to the wireless USB hub. In addition, are they any .dll files that contain these command functions.

gmm

As I know Comunication protocol with wireless hub not available externally . But you could place a question at
RF/Wireless and maybe they allow to place protocol specification externally. I didn't see any reason don't do this.

Cypress Sense and Control Dashboard 1.0 implement this protocol. RFComunicationLib which included into software installation realize all communication function. This is .NET assembly. It utilize CyUSB.NET 2008 library for USB communication with HUB. But unfortunately ther is no external documentation provided for using this library. If you add this assembly as reference in Visual Studio 2005/2008(You can use even free Express version) you can see api of this dll in View->Object Browser. It is fairly simple: Start, Stop, Bind, UnBind etc.
Also CY3271 kit shipped with CD where you can find reference HUB firmware implementation (Cypress\CY3271\Firmware\RF_HUB\) so you can reverse protocol or define your own.
stoune

Re: wireless usb

Postby mayersgm on Thu May 21, 2009 7:14 am

I am using labview to build my interface. Labview has the ability to recognize and read ".dll " files which tried with the CyUSB.dll and the RFComunication.dll but it was unable to read them. I did put in an inquiry to tech support. I hope they can help.

Thanks for your insight.
gmm
mayersgm

Return to PSoC Documentation Feedback