Cheap places to get components

This form is for general electronics discussions, but, not PSoC.

Moderator: ericb

Forum rules
As you would expect spam, vulgar language, or discussions not related to electronics are banned from this forum.

Cheap places to get components

Postby toalan2001 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:40 pm

Futurlec.com is a great place, everything they carry is much much cheaper than the likes of digikey and mouser. They have screwed up a few of my orders, but i forgive them for their low prices.

sureelectronics.net, I just found them a few days ago, i am still mining through the site to find more gold. For display related stuff they are dirty cheap, LEDs and LCDs. They carry 2x16 blue backlight LCDs with a hitachi driver for about $5 in single quantity, that stuff goes for $15 on digikey and $10 on futurlec, that is just one example. There are so many great deals on that site, I wonder if they steal the stuff from the back of a truck. The site is a bit of a mess, so you will need to take your time to go through everything, but it is worth it. I bought 10x 40 pin zif sockets from them for $5 in total, that is 50 cents a piece, you can easily find them selling for $10 each or more on other sites.

dealextreme, this place is not for components, but for electronic gadgets and some tools. Specifically for electronic development related, I bought alot of their tweezers, solder paste, solder flux and solder. They offer free shipping on everything they sell, even on 99 cent stuff. You can go ape nuts on the site and buy a tonne of stuff, when you go checkout you will have a smile because your shopping spree costs you less than a good dinner. I would not buy anything from them that is more than mildly complex, quality of their products is reflective of the price they sell them at. For simple stuff they are great.
toalan2001
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Re: Cheap places to get components

Postby matc » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:41 am

www.sparkfun.com sometimes has bargains and seconds and has a great range of interesting hobby-level stuff. Not dealt with them personally yet.
matc
Bite-Size Cheese
Bite-Size Cheese

Postby kanderson3454 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:02 pm

Nice. Thank you for the information.
kanderson3454

Postby jamiehout » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:59 pm

thanks for the info, do u have more?
jamiehout

Postby tej » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:09 pm

Great! Thanks for the valuable info!
tej

Postby esspwebmaster » Mon May 16, 2011 5:29 am

great information i was looking for this sort of cheap places :)

Signature link removed by Moderator
esspwebmaster

Postby ericlgraham1974 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:01 am

Thank you so much for these tips. Now I know where to go next time I need some cheap components.
ericlgraham1974

Postby toalan2001 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:57 pm

http://iteadstudio.com/

and

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/

I am 90% sure that both are run by the same people, primarily for arduino crap, but good prices on general electronic stuff. Both places offer dirty cheap PCB prototyping services, I have used pcb services from both companies with good results.
toalan2001
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Return to “%s” General Electronics Discussion