Don't forget to back up your HI-TECH registry keys

HiTech had a great compiler for PSoC's M8C processor, but, then they were bought by Microchip. Subsequently the HiTech forums were taken off line. At the request of PSoCDeveloper members PSoCDeveloper has created this forum to allow HiTech users to support each other.

Moderator: ericb

Don't forget to back up your HI-TECH registry keys

Postby IceCube » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:21 am

Hi,

The HI-TECH compiler uses online registration. As from now the HI-TECH compiler for PSoC is not supported anymore, I advise to make a backup of your registry keys. The registration of the compiler is now dependent on the registration server at Microchip.
These are the keys:
Code: Select all
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{E4AC6594-CAC2-DE41-99ED-3427B357A2EE}]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{ACBF3AE9-78D5-4693-A2F0-CFDC069AC7F4}]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HI-TECH Software]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HI-TECH Software\HCPSOC]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HI-TECH Software\HCPSOC\PRO]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HI-TECH Software\HCPSOC\PRO\9.61]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HI-TECH Software\HCPSOC\PRO\9.61\PL6]

Regards,
Rolf
IceCube
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Re: Don't forget to back up your HI-TECH registry keys

Postby orob » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:14 am

thanks for the heads up. It would be a shame to lose the use of my $1400 compiler because the company server changed addresses. My machine does not have the first two registry entries you report. I found the rest and exported the values. I searched for "hi-tech" and none came up in that area. What were those two?
orob
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Postby ravo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:25 am

Dear Rolf

Thanks for this suggestion. I have also HI-TECH C COMPILER (Cypress PSOC) Pro V9.61PL6 (licenced Pro version) - running Vista x64

But I am looking into registry and don't have HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HI-TECH Software registry key. But After deep searching I found them under the Wow6432Node

don' found the first key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{E4AC6594-CAC2-DE41-99ED-3427B357A2EE}]

second key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{ACBF3AE9-78D5-4693-A2F0-CFDC069AC7F4}] => which has property name "AppID"="{E7B53589-DBC2-DD41-A507-1023C6D1ADE0}"
So I backup [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{E7B53589-DBC2-DD41-A507-1023C6D1ADE0}]

and last keys - [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HI-TECH Software] I found in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\HI-TECH Software] - I think it is due x64 operating system.

Do you think if I reinstall PC and recover this registry it will be working ?

Regards

Radim
ravo
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Postby IceCube » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:13 am

Hi Radim,

Try to backup this registry keys too:
[ H K E Y _ L O C A L _ M A C H I N E \ S O F T W A R E \ M i c r o s o f t \ W i n d o w s N T \ C u r r e n t V e r s i o n ]
" I n s t a l l D a t e "
" P r o d u c t I d "

I think the compiler also checks the Windows ProductID and InstallDate with the generated "Activation" key.

Regards,
Rolf
IceCube
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Postby ravo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:00 am

Dear Rolf,

thanks for this suggestions....

Radim
ravo
The Big Cheese