PSOC Miniprog Firmware Upgrades

Questions about programming (not codeing) PSoCs and Encore II as well as freeware programming hardware and software are discussed here. This is also the place to talk about production programming. Programming means loading a HEX file in to the Flash, not, writing your program.

Moderator: ericb

PSOC Miniprog Firmware Upgrades

Postby dmilrtime » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:16 am

Hello,

OK, I picked up the PSoC dev kit (PSoCEval1) about a year ago and it just sat on my desk. Now I am ready to dive into the world of PSoC's and I am trying to load my first example application to play and learn.

When I went to download the project to the Eval board I got the following message:
Upgrading...
Initializing...
Firmware Upgrade Started...
MINI version Expecting 1.79, but found 1.71

The status Bar is flashing across the line and seems to be progressing but very slow. The Status LED on the MiniProg has stopped flashing. It has been approx 20 min since the upgrade process started and it is still not complete. How long does it take to upgrade the firmware on the MiniProg?

A few particulars about my PC:
Win 7 SP1
PSOC Designer 5.1 (just downloaded and installed the latest version yesterday) so this should be up to date.

At what point should I be concerned that the MiniProg has been bricked?

Thanks,
Dave
Thanks,
Dave
dmilrtime

Re: PSOC Miniprog Firmware Upgrades

Postby dmilrtime » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:54 pm

Hello All,

I decided to head out to lunch and left my PC alone. When I came back it said it was successful and is now working just fine. I guess it takes 45min or more to upgrade the firmware in the miniprog.

Thanks to anyone who views this thread.
Thanks,
Dave
dmilrtime

Re: PSOC based accelerometer instrument

Postby zareenaparveen » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:50 am

hi.
Can any one tell how to write a program that will input the three analogue voltages (Vx,Vy,Vz) into the PSoC IC and then output the measued acceleraations in x, y and z directions in units of g onto the LCD display and also how to calibrate and test the PSOC accelerometer system by using sequence of test vectors. The accelerometer used was DE-ACCM3D.
zareenaparveen

Re: PSOC Miniprog Firmware Upgrades

Postby bobmarlowe » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:52 am

Hi,
your post is a bit off-topic right here, this are the threads concerning the programming (NOT CODING) i.e. downloading hex-files into PSoCs.

I'm not familar with your accelometer you use, but to measure some voltages needs an analog MUX and a ADC. Testvectors are easily generated when you use g (9.81m/s²) as reference , you have to point the calibration axis into the right direction.

Search a bit here in this forum, I've read recently avout ADC-conversions.

Happy coding
Bob
bobmarlowe
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Return to “%s” Device Programmers